Monday, October 18, 2010

Tummy Sleeping

Last night was one of the worst nights we have had since we had our daughter. Sophia has mastered rolling over and has started practicing in her bed. She has never completely rolled over while in bed we keep her swaddled to help keep her asleep. Normally this just makes sure none of us gets any sleep. Well last night she started making noise and I went in to check on her and I didn’t feel her breath. I freaked out I ran and got my w and found that the reason I couldn’t feel her breath was because she was actually on her tummy.   This seemed to work out for about an hour and then she wanted to turn over, turns out she was stuck. This continued all night so none of us slept.  I can’t believe how much she wants to move around doesn’t she know she needs to sleep. Doesn’t she know that I need to sleep? I don’t think she knows or cares that my husband and I don’t sleep. I’m hoping she stops all this rolling around and waking up soon otherwise I’m going to either go crazy or hire a night nanny.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully she will master the rolling over so she doesn't get stuck. Honestly, Derrick started sleeping on his stomach at 2.5 months and that was when he slept thru the night! The first night I woke up, realized he has slept 7 hours straight and ran to his room to make sure he was breathing!

    But I started with naps on his tummy and watched him turn his head side to side so I felt much more comfortable. It gets better...I promise!!

    I keep thinking to myself that I have been sleeping thru the night for a year now and I am not sure I am ready to give that up, guess I have a couple months still to enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia seems to roll well both ways when she isn't in her crib but at night it's like she forgets. I'm so jealous that Derrick slept through the night at 2.5 months. She doesn’t like being on her tummy I think it’s because it doesn’t feel nice. I keep joking with Brian that we need to cryogenically freeze Sophia every night and then thaw her so she doesn't know she missed anything. I think it's a win for everyone. She is so good during the day it’s like I have 2 different babies.

    I feel like I should have another baby not since I’m already not sleeping and another baby wouldn't change that. Hopefully your new baby will be similar to Derrick. I don't think anyone is ever ready to give up sleeping but it won't last forever (I have to say that because I really think it might in my house.).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I like that freezing idea ;-)

    I must say Derrick is and has been a super easy baby from day one so I am super scared that Dillon will be difficult!! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete