Monday, October 4, 2010

Sleep Sack


This weekend I realized that while my daughter doesn’t like to be swaddled she does want to be wrapped up in a very tight burrito like wrap.  To help this along, I decided that I would make her a sleep sack.  I thought to myself this won’t be too hard.  I quilt, how much different can it be.  And to my surprise everything seemed to go really well until the zipper.  Wow, I did not know how much trouble one little zipper would give me.  After about an hour I conquered the zipper and I was so proud of my accomplishment.  I stuck my daughter into her new sleep sac immediately.  She didn’t seem to mind it so I thought this will work out just as well as wrapping her up.  So bed time came and we got her all ready then I brought out her new sleep sack and put her in it again.  She didn’t seem to mind it much. I laid her in bed only to realize my mistake.  It was like a toy for her.  She would kick her feet to see the material move…. Not what I had planned at all.  I thought maybe it was just the novelty of her new sleep sack, nope twenty minutes later she was still kicking her feet only now she was crying too because she was sleepy and just couldn’t calm down enough to go to sleep.  Sleep sack was not the answer to my prayers L but I wrapped her up like a burrito and within a minute she was asleep.  So I wasted all that time and energy and an adorable sleep sack only to find that my daughter would have rather I just wrapped her up in the material.  I guess this experience is much like the Christmas day cardboard box problem.







No comments:

Post a Comment