Friday, September 24, 2010

Proof God is Real

Today’s blog is really like a double feature at the Cineplex.  Although the topics in this double feature are not related in any way, they come to my attention today.  So here goes.  I have proof God is real and I am today going to share it with the world.  Please do brace yourselves, you non-believers and those of you who do believe, please get your smug vindicated faces ready.

Part 1
 Last night before I went to bed I prayed to God and said this,” Lord mentally I’m wiped out I haven’t slept in days.  I’m just not sure we’re all going to make it, if I don’t get some sleep.  My daughter is feeling my anxiety level rise which is stressing her out too please God let us all get a good night sleep.”  Now fast forward to present time as I write this it is 2 am and my daughter has slept calmly for 6 hours.  This is not her longest record, but for the past few weeks she has only been able to sleep for 45 minutes at a time.  Tonight's sleep cycle has clearly been a gift from God to stabilize my mental health.  Thankfully there were no drugs needed (who knows how babies react to Ambien or for that matter sedatives).  So there it is, proof that God is real.  I hear you naysayers but I prayed and something happened that seemed impossible.  So I have to say I’m pretty sure this was God intervening.

Part 2
There is a mom on my birth blog whose child has shaken baby syndrome (evidence points to her husband).  The baby was removed from the home last June and put into foster care.  This woman didn’t know her husband was abusing her daughter and has since filed for divorce.  What I wanted to actually comment on is the fact that the state has still not given this woman her daughter back.  She was shown not to have had anything to do with the abuse and did everything asked of her and still she can’t seem to get her daughter back.  There is no reason this baby should not be returned immediately once the police cleared her.  Within 24 hours, she should have had her baby back.  But no, she still has to go to court and plead with a judge and hope he gives her daughter back. Her lawyer fees are so high that by the time she gets her daughter back she won't be able to pay to take care of her. This to me is appalling, a baby should never been kept from its family for no good reason.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for an answered prayer...and quickly answered at that!!! :-)

    Also, I too am appaled at our justice system in the case you mentioned. Sometimes I swear our system could really use a big dose of common sense!! Ugh, they think they are doing the child good but in this situation it's harming the child more to keep her from her mom when it was obvious her mother had no involvement with the abuse. I pray she gets her baby in her arms soon...I just cant imagine what she is going through. Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. As for the justice system, I think they loose either way. If they keep the baby from the mother they are evil for breaking up a family, but if they give the baby back and they baby is harmed they should have known better because there was a history. It's hard to know what the right answer is, and a lot of people get divorced but the ex is still in the picture, so on paper it looks like a safe environment but in reality the situation is the same. I obviously don't know the lady or her situation, but I'm just saying I've heard stories where they think things are better but then the baby is harmed, actually the story I'm thinking of the baby was killed. I hope that if her situation is better now that she gets her baby back soon.

    ReplyDelete